Theme

The story of Julie Love-Templeton, a part-time reality contestant, former beauty queen and full-time trial attorney, wife and mother.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

HE IS ALWAYS LISTENING

Last week my son, The Boy Wonder, mentioned that my eyes were green. Impressed that he had looked up from his game device long enough to make this observation I attempted further conversation. I explained that my eyes have always changed color from green to blue depending on what color clothing I was wearing at the time. He said nothing more and resumed the nimble dance of his thumbs as he battled some alien force aimed at destroying America.

            Today I picked him up from school in the suit I wore to court earlier in the day and he said, “Ju Ju, today your eyes are Husky Blue.” The Boy Wonder has taken to using various breeds of dog in casual conversation as a method to subliminally convince Captain America and me that our family needs a dog.

            “Umm hmm” I said, in the tone I use when I am only half invested in the conversation. I usually reserve this tone for comments regarding video games, comic books, or Pod Casts and follow it up with, “Uhhh, I don’t know, you should ask your father.”

            However, I stopped dead in my tracks when he followed up with, “So when you wear depressing clothes your eyes are Husky blue?”

            From the mouths of babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment